Nigella Induction Base Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid, Blue, 7L
Nigella Induction Base Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid, Blue, 7L
Save 34% (₹ 1,601)
- Nigella Cookers are beautifully created from 304 stainless steel and proudly adorn classy soft- touch handles
- Strong body construction with enhanced safety
- 304 stainless steel does not react with food and never rusts
- The 3-ply base for quick heating
- Steel-aluminum-Steel layers save energy and prevent burning of food
- Make Biryani, Pulao, Curry, Dal, Soups, Rice, Steamed dishes, Cake and so much more
- High-quality gasket with longer life
- Electric, Gas, and Induction friendly
- A perfect solution for all your daily cooking requirements
- Reliable Wonderchef warranty, T&C apply
Dimension & Capacity:
|Old_Discount Percentage Max Val||No|
|Discount Percentage Max Val||No|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is use of stainless steel for cooking healthy?
Food grade stainless steel is steel that meet all criteria to be deemed safe for food preparation, storage and dining. The most common food grade stainless steel is type 304. 304 grade stainless steel also goes by another name/code, 18/8 and 18/10 stainless steel. Wonderchef Nigella range is made with 304 stainless steel - best quality and hence it is healthy for cooking.
- What does 3-ply mean?
3-ply or Tri-ply cookware is made of three-ply material which is basically three layers sandwiched together. Most often this is an inner layer of stainless steel, middle layer of aluminium and an outer layer of stainless steel. Wonderchef Nigella range of cookware is made with tri-ply steel.
- Is 3-ply stainless steel cookware better than the regular stainless steel cookware?
Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat far better than stainless steel standalone. It causes heat to diffuse all over the cookware uniformly. Tri-ply cookware only utilizes the heat conduction benefits of aluminium while making sure that food does not come in contact with it.
- Can I use a stainless steel cookware for everyday use?
Yes, Wonderchef Nigella Tri-ply steel kadhai and other cookware is completely safe and can be used for everyday use.
- What spoon / spatula can I use for my stainless steel kadhai?
Always avoid using hard, abrasive cooking utensils like stainless steel or cast iron. Instead choose bamboo, wood, silicone, or nylon. All four of these are soft enough to protect the surface of your cookware from scratching.
- Is it pure stainless steel or mixed with aluminium?
Tri-ply construction is composed of - 304 Stainless Steel layer inside, Aluminium layer in the centre and 430 Stainless Steel layer outside. Tri-ply steel is the best choice for professionals as well as home chefs because of its even heat distribution. It does not react with acidic food and is 100% safe for cooking.
- Can I use this stainless steel cookware on induction and gas?
430 Steel outer surface makes it compatible with all types of heat sources. Nigella cookware can be used on all cooking appliances - stove top, gas cooktop, induction cooktop, hot plate, infrared cooktop and ceramic cooktops.
- Is there a lid for the kadhai?
Yes, kadhai comes with 304 Grade SS Lid.
- How to clean stainless-steel cookware?
To clean, hand wash the cookware in warm soapy water, rinse it and then thoroughly hand dry it to store.
- Can I cook for 5 - 6 people in Nigella Kadhai?
Yes, In Nigella 24cm Kadhai, we can easily cook for 5 to 6 people.
- Is the stainless-steel kadhai heavy in weight?
Yes, the kadhai does feel a heavy due to steel and aluminium in sandwiched form which lends it thickness of 2.6 mm. However it is lighter than cast Iron cookware.
- What is the warranty period? And what is replaceable in warranty?
Wonderchef gives 10 Years warranty and cookware are replaceable if any manufacturing defect or if steel tears.
- What is the thickness?
Nigella tri-ply has 2.6mm thickness. For SKU specific thickness specification, kindly visit the product description section.
- Can I re-heat food in a stainless-steel?
Yes because, the thick base ensures the food is not burnt and the 3-ply walls ensure even heat distribution throughout.
- Do I need to first warm the cookware before starting to cook?
Aluminium is inside which is better conductor of heat so there is no need to warm the cookware before starting to cook.
- Does stainless-steel cookware cook food evenly?
Yes Nigella cookware helps to cook food evenly for a delicious taste.
- Is the stainless-steel pan sandwich bottom?
A layer of aluminium is sandwiched right through, even at the sides, between two layers of high-grade steel: superior food-grade 18/8 stainless steel on the inside and 430 magnetic stainless steel on the outside, making the pan highly heat conductive and induction friendly.
- Are these lead and nickel free?
304 Stainless Steel layer inside, Aluminium layer in the centre & 430 Stainless Steel layer outside. Tri - ply steel is the best choice for professionals as well as home chefs because of its even heat distribution. It does not react with acidic food and is 100% safe for cooking.
- What grade of stainless-steel is in the cookware?
At Wonderchef, the inside non-porous surface is made from 304 Grade Stainless Steel which does not react with food and thus retains the flavour and nutrition. The outside steel is 430 grade which is magnetic in nature and allows the pans to be used on induction cooktops besides on gas stoves.
- Does it get sticky at the bottom if I use less oil or ghee?
To avoid food sticking to the surface, season the pan. Place the pan on a medium heat source and heat the pan for 1 minute. Remove the hot pan and add one table spoon of oil and swirl it over the inside surface. Place the pan back on the heat source and heat until it begins to smoke. Turn off the heat and let the pan cool down completely. Remove the extra oil. Your pan is ready with non-stick coating.
- Is it 3 - layer steel?
Yes, Nigella range has inside layer of 304 grade stainless steel, second layer is of aluminium and outer layer is of 430 Grade S.S.
- Is the fry pan suitable for deep frying?
Yes because, these pans are loved by professionals, as they allow continuous cooking without any hassle. Heat retention is much higher than any other normal aluminium cookware. Nigella Pans are adored by home chefs because they last for years.
- How are the handles fixed? Are they riveted?
Nigella pans come with cool - touch strong die - cast handles which are strongly riveted.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the pressure cooker work?
Inside the tightly sealed pressure cooker, the water is heated and eventually boils into steam. Since the steam cannot escape, it gets accumulated around the food, there by cooking the food. All those trapped water molecules increase the pressure inside the cooker and cooking the food hence the name pressure cooker.
- What can I not put/cook in a pressure cooker?
Even when placed on a rack, breaded meats or vegetables are not recommended due to the fact that the breading will get soggy as the pressure cooker cooks with steam. The breading may also fall off the meat and cause burning on the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- How to choose the capacity of the pressure cooker?
A small family of 3-4 who use pressure cooker regularly, then a standard pressure cooker of 3-5 litres will be enough. Regalia pressure cooker from Wonderchef comes in these capacities and in attractive colours of purple and red. We also have Ultima pressure cooker in 3lt and 5 lt capacity with mirror finish body. A bigger/joint family of 5+ people will require a pressure cooker in the range of 5- 9 litres. The Taurus hard anodised pressure cooker from Wonderchef comes in 8lt capacity for large cooking needs. If you're cooking baby food or are staying alone, then 1-1.5 litres would be your ideal size.
- What makes a pressure cooker safer?
Safety features of modern pressure cookers include: Expanding rubber gaskets that prevent unlocking or removing the lid when contents are under pressure. Lid lock to prevent the lid from being opened while contents are under pressure. Pressure regulators to ensure the pressure doesn't get too high. Leaky lid detection. All Wonderchef pressure cookers have enhanced safety features.
- Can I leave pressure cooker unattended?
Of course not, you should never leave a pressure cooker unattended. Additionally, you should make sure to only use a pressure cooker with its safety valve in place, since it’s designed to release excess steam when needed.
- How strong is the handle of Wonderchef pressure cooker?
Wonderchef cookers have a very strong handle. Use the handle to secure a firm grip while opening/closing the pressure cooker.
- How is induction pressure cooker different from the regular cooker?
Unlike pressure cooking on gas, or an electric coil, where the heat is generated by a flame or element and then transferred onto the base and sides of the cooker and eventually the food inside, induction cooking turns the pressure cooker's base into the heat source – heating only the base of the cooker to cook the food.
- Can I use the induction pressure cooker with the gas stove?
Yes. Induction cookers have iron/steel base, which is required for electromagnetic induction that is required for cooking on the induction stoves.
- Will the pressure cooker react with the food while cooking it?
In case of aluminium pressure cookers there is a possibility of reaction of acids in the food with the aluminium metal.
- What is the difference between Hard Anodized Aluminium and steel body?
Hard anodized is basically aluminium body that is created through the electrochemical process where aluminium is fused together with non-stick coating. This type of cookware is 30 per cent harder than stainless steel making it extremely durable.
- Which type of pressure cooker is better?
Hard anodized and stainless steel pressure cookers like Nigella, Easy Lock, Ultima range of pressure cookers from Wonderchef are one of the best cooker options available.
- How safe is the steam regulation system in the Wonderchef pressure cookers?
The steam regulation system controls pressure better, cooks faster, saves more fuel, reduces sprouting of frothy foods (such as dal). The Safety Valve is positioned such that if it opens, the steam and food are deflected safely downwards. The steam regulation system is safe in all Wonderchef pressure cookers.
- Can I open the pressure cooker while the food is being cooked?
No. you shouldn't attempt to open one while it's in use. If you need to open your cooker while food is cooking, turn it off first and release the pressure before opening.
- What is the pressure locked system in the Wonderchef pressure cookers?
A pressure cooker has a lid fitted with a safety lock which cannot be opened when the cooker is pressurised. The lock comprises a clutch incorporated in the transmission line between the opening/closing handle and the locking mechanism such that when the interior of the vessel is pressurised, the clutch prevents the lid from being removed from the vessel, esp. by slipping if an attempt is made to operate the opening handle.
- How durable is the gasket that comes with the pressure cooker?
The gaskets and safety plugs have to be changed every 12 months no matter how often the pressure cooker is used.
- Is the pressure cooker handle strong enough?
Wonderchef pressure cookers have soft touch and bakelite handles for comfortable grip and durability.
- What is the thickness of the base of Wonderchef pressure cooker?
The base is made of 1.2mm thickness, For SKU specific thickness specification, kindly visit the product description section.
- How do I avail the service?
You can write to “firstname.lastname@example.org" or by calling at customer service no. 1800 266 0788 / 1860 266 0788 or simply by sending “Hi” Whatsapp number - 7070595959