Nigella 3-ply Stainless Steel Sauce Pan, Die-cast Handle, Compatible on Induction -16cm, 1.5L, 2.6mm, 10 Years Warranty
For high-value products, you can request a demo. And our trained staff will give you a demo either at home or via a video call as per your location and convenience.
- Nigella Pans have just the right thickness for optimum performance.
- They are 2.6mm thick to balance between strength and functionality.
- They feel nice and heavy in hand with ergonomically designed die-cast handles.
- A layer of aluminium is sandwiched right through, even at the sides, between two layers of high-grade steel: superior food-grade 18/8 stainless steel on the inside and 430 magnetic stainless steel on the outside, making the pan highly heat conductive and induction friendly.
- The thick base ensures the food does not get burnt and the 3-ply walls ensure even heat distribution throughout.
- The brushed-finish interior retains the same look for a long time even after repeated use while the mirror-polished exterior looks classy and is easy to clean.
- The steel never tears, literally lasting a lifetime. This is a cookware range for both professionals and homechefs with 10 years Warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is use of stainless steel for cooking healthy?
Food grade stainless steel is steel that meet all criteria to be deemed safe for food preparation, storage and dining. The most common food grade stainless steel is type 304. 304 grade stainless steel also goes by another name/code, 18/8 and 18/10 stainless steel. Wonderchef Nigella range is made with 304 stainless steel - best quality and hence it is healthy for cooking.
- What does 3-ply mean?
3-ply or Tri-ply cookware is made of three-ply material which is basically three layers sandwiched together. Most often this is an inner layer of stainless steel, middle layer of aluminium and an outer layer of stainless steel. Wonderchef Nigella range of cookware is made with tri-ply steel.
- Is 3-ply stainless steel cookware better than the regular stainless steel cookware?
Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat far better than stainless steel standalone. It causes heat to diffuse all over the cookware uniformly. Tri-ply cookware only utilizes the heat conduction benefits of aluminium while making sure that food does not come in contact with it.
- Can I use a stainless steel cookware for everyday use?
Yes, Wonderchef Nigella Tri-ply steel kadhai and other cookware is completely safe and can be used for everyday use.
- What spoon / spatula can I use for my stainless steel kadhai?
Always avoid using hard, abrasive cooking utensils like stainless steel or cast iron. Instead choose bamboo, wood, silicone, or nylon. All four of these are soft enough to protect the surface of your cookware from scratching.
- Is it pure stainless steel or mixed with aluminium?
Tri-ply construction is composed of - 304 Stainless Steel layer inside, Aluminium layer in the centre and 430 Stainless Steel layer outside. Tri-ply steel is the best choice for professionals as well as home chefs because of its even heat distribution. It does not react with acidic food and is 100% safe for cooking.
- Can I use this stainless steel cookware on induction and gas?
430 Steel outer surface makes it compatible with all types of heat sources. Nigella cookware can be used on all cooking appliances - stove top, gas cooktop, induction cooktop, hot plate, infrared cooktop and ceramic cooktops.
- Is there a lid for the kadhai?
Yes, kadhai comes with 304 Grade SS Lid.
- How to clean stainless-steel cookware?
To clean, hand wash the cookware in warm soapy water, rinse it and then thoroughly hand dry it to store.
- Can I cook for 5 - 6 people in Nigella Kadhai?
Yes, In Nigella 24cm Kadhai, we can easily cook for 5 to 6 people.
- Is the stainless-steel kadhai heavy in weight?
Yes, the kadhai does feel a heavy due to steel and aluminium in sandwiched form which lends it thickness of 2.6 mm. However it is lighter than cast Iron cookware.
- What is the warranty period? And what is replaceable in warranty?
Wonderchef gives 10 Years warranty and cookware are replaceable if any manufacturing defect or if steel tears.
- What is the thickness?
Nigella tri-ply has 2.6mm thickness. For SKU specific thickness specification, kindly visit the product description section.
- Can I re-heat food in a stainless-steel?
Yes because, the thick base ensures the food is not burnt and the 3-ply walls ensure even heat distribution throughout.
- Do I need to first warm the cookware before starting to cook?
Aluminium is inside which is better conductor of heat so there is no need to warm the cookware before starting to cook.
- Does stainless-steel cookware cook food evenly?
Yes Nigella cookware helps to cook food evenly for a delicious taste.
- Is the stainless-steel pan sandwich bottom?
A layer of aluminium is sandwiched right through, even at the sides, between two layers of high-grade steel: superior food-grade 18/8 stainless steel on the inside and 430 magnetic stainless steel on the outside, making the pan highly heat conductive and induction friendly.
- Are these lead and nickel free?
304 Stainless Steel layer inside, Aluminium layer in the centre & 430 Stainless Steel layer outside. Tri - ply steel is the best choice for professionals as well as home chefs because of its even heat distribution. It does not react with acidic food and is 100% safe for cooking.
- What grade of stainless-steel is in the cookware?
At Wonderchef, the inside non-porous surface is made from 304 Grade Stainless Steel which does not react with food and thus retains the flavour and nutrition. The outside steel is 430 grade which is magnetic in nature and allows the pans to be used on induction cooktops besides on gas stoves.
- Does it get sticky at the bottom if I use less oil or ghee?
To avoid food sticking to the surface, season the pan. Place the pan on a medium heat source and heat the pan for 1 minute. Remove the hot pan and add one table spoon of oil and swirl it over the inside surface. Place the pan back on the heat source and heat until it begins to smoke. Turn off the heat and let the pan cool down completely. Remove the extra oil. Your pan is ready with non-stick coating.
- Is it 3 - layer steel?
Yes, Nigella range has inside layer of 304 grade stainless steel, second layer is of aluminium and outer layer is of 430 Grade S.S.
- Is the fry pan suitable for deep frying?
Yes because, these pans are loved by professionals, as they allow continuous cooking without any hassle. Heat retention is much higher than any other normal aluminium cookware. Nigella Pans are adored by home chefs because they last for years.
- How are the handles fixed? Are they riveted?
Nigella pans come with cool - touch strong die - cast handles which are strongly riveted.